Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

‘Tis the season . . .

I encountered this group of elementary school Christmas carollers, complete with Santa hats, while out shopping on Friday afternoon. Within minutes they attracted a crowd, and those lovely young soprano voices put me right in the spirit when they sang “Silent Night.”

"Silent Night" was grandmother’s favorite Christmas carol. When I was a little girl, I remember her telling me that she felt a bit homesick during her first Christmas in Canada. She had immigrated from Finland in 1923. When she heard “Silent Night” on the radio, she didn’t know the lyrics but she recognized the tune and felt more at home.

While I’m on the subject of Christmas and shopping, how about a stocking stuffer for the readers on your list?

With This Ring is available in three electronic formats (Adobe PDF eBook (requires Adobe Digital Editions), Microsoft eBook and Mobipocket eBook) from eHarlequin.com.

Or, if you or someone you know has a Kindle, With This Ring is available from Amazon.com. According to the website, you can “read your book on your Kindle within a minute of placing your order.”

How’s that for instant gratification?

And remember, you have a chance to kick off the new year as the winner of my December contest. In addition to an autographed firefighter calendar, the winner will also receive an adorable shiny red firetruck Christmas tree ornament, and more! Check here for contest details.

Until next time,
Lee

1 comment:

robynl said...

One can't quite imagine being that far from home/family in a new land.
My favorite song is O Holy Night.
I get choked up upon hearing it.

I love the contest with the calendar and the ornament. Thanks for the chance.