Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Food for Thought—Pumpkin Cheesecake

You heard me. Cheesecake! I’ve never met a cheesecake I didn’t like, and I especially love this one.

But before we get to that, today on the Harlequin American Romance Authors' blog I'm reminiscing about my kids' Hallowe'en costumes over the years. I hope you'll drop by and say hello!

Okay, back to the cheesecake.
Crust:
3/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling:
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
3 eggs (at room temperature)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 pounds cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch

Combine the ingredients for the crust and press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Mix pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar and spices. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and corn starch. Stir in the pumpkin mixture and pour over the crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes, until the center is set.

Run a sharp knife around the inside of the pan as soon as the cheesecake is removed from the oven. Cool at room temperature, then cover and refrigerate overnight.

Before serving, drizzle with two squares of melted semi-sweet chocolate. A few chopped pecans a dollop of whipped cream also make a great garnish. Or try all three! And enjoy!

Until next time,
Lee

2 comments:

Gillian Layne said...

Ok, YUM!!

We adore Braum's pumpkin ice cream. It's always sold out, so I call the store every day like an addict, checking to see if they have a new shipment in and asking if they would please hold a tub for me! :)

Lee McKenzie said...

Pumpkin ice cream? I'm salivating! Hope you get another fix . . . and soon!