Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Wait a Minute . . .

Left-handed Whoppers at Burger King? A report on Switzerland’s annual spaghetti harvest? Pat Sajak hosting Jeopardy?

Hm. What do these events have in common? They were April Fool’s Day hoaxes perpetrated on an unsuspecting pubic.

I usually forget about April Fool’s Day until after I’ve listened to a prank on the radio or read one in the newspaper. I’ll confess to having fallen for some very clever ones, but others are just too preposterous to be believed. Seriously. Spaghetti growing on trees? I don’t think so!

I've never been a prankster, but I do appreciate a good one. As you all know, The Office is one of my favorite TV shows. It’s too bad we won’t see new episodes until April 10 because this week would have been a perfect time for one of their outrageous pranks. My all-time favorite so far is Jim’s bitten-by-a-bat routine, in which he pretends to be turning in a vampire . . . and Dwight falls for it! Check out the Office Pranks blog for a great description of the vampire bite prank.

And if you’re wondering why I’m posting an April Fool’s Day blog on March 31, it’s to remind myself not to be a fool tomorrow. I hope you’ll join me! And if you have a favorite a favorite April's Fool Day prank, I'd love to hear about it.

Lee

PS: Tomorrow is Tuesday News Day and I have a ton of news. Seriously. I hope you’ll check back.

2 comments:

Megan Kelly said...

Lee, one year my daughter taped the sprayer handle on the kitchen faucet so it would spray when the water was turned on, and my son placed rubber bouncy balls against the cupboard door so they'd fall when someone opened it for a cup. Can't say these were my "favorite" pranks, but they're memorable. Hope your day went smoothly.

Lee McKenzie said...

Megan, don't kids do the darndest things? I don't remember my kids pulling any specific pranks, but there was never a dull moment!