Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday Fun—Basking in the Sun

We’re not basking here in the Pacific Northwest. November weather is typically the wettest and most unpredictable all year. I guess that’s why many like to escape to a warmer climate for a week or two.

My daughter's among them. She just returned from Mexico and her photos included this intriguing little gecko. He looks two-dimensional, and at first I thought she had photographed a decorated tile, but he’s real. Check out those bright eyes, and all those adhesive toes. Adorable.

My daughter’s vacation photographs also include lots of pictures of the resort, the pool and the sun-soaked beaches. Unlike geckos and most people, I’m not a sun worshipper, but I do love a beautiful sunset. It’s perfect, isn’t it?

For the rest of the weekend I’ll be here at the computer, working on my next book while the North Pacific sends more winter weather my way. In my imagination, I’ll be enjoying that tropical sunset.

Later,
Lee

No comments: